Sunday, December 12, 2010

10/27/09 ....something completely different....


"and the train conductor says take a break driver 8, driver 8 take a break
we can reach our destination, but we're still a ways away"
  -Berry, Buck, Mills, Stipe


...and so... in september of 2006... I made the trip across the pond in order to attend a friend's wedding. This is the friend who calls me an anglophile as if it's a bad thing.
Hmmmm.... 
The wedding was splendid- taking place in a suburb of London. After the wedding, though, it seemed practical to spend a few days in London, having never been. I'll never forget London - I hope to return soon - Well. despite being completely overwhelmed by everything UK - I took photographs.
It's difficult to say what impressed me most about England...but in the top 5 had to be the London underground railway system - otherwise known as "the Tube."
I loved riding the tube! easy. efficient. clean. this picture is of the Queensway station in the Bayswater area of London near to where I stayed.
a week later I found myself on Chicago's "El" railway system... trundling down to watch the Cubs cream the Brewers. 
I felt sad, though... the car I was in was hot, stuffy.... dirty, slow and wreaked of urine.....

  Blecch!

"...mind the gap...."

copyright juneplastic/george green

No comments:

Post a Comment