Thursday, December 30, 2010

11/01/09 "if what you want... if what you need is poetry .......


...so, let's fight this tide....let's fight this tide....
let's swim harder than we have in our lives 
cause what's the point of being here if we're not going to try....?"
  -brie sullivan

I've wanted to put this photo up since before I started posting to this blog.....

the above quote reads like something that your Dad might tell you somewhere along the way...but to hear the writer sing those words gives them a whole different texture and meaning...

the dog in today's shot, my Rose, lived those words as they are sung - from before she even made it out of the birth canal - She fought the tide, She swam harder.

...and, yeah... I'm gonna be really sad that She's gone - for a long time

a friend sent me a message, today - it was a reminder that I need to come back into the world - I need to start functioning in the care

Rosie was always willing to go back out and fetch up another one

I think - me, too. 


copyright juneplastic/george green

No comments:

Post a Comment